Please read our submission guidelines below carefully and complete the form below to submit your manuscript.
This process is applicable to submission of books AND Tarot, Oracle and Affirmation card set proposals.
Rockpool is interested in Mind Body Spirit; Health and Wellness; Self-help and Gift titles. We also accept submissions for the Gelding Street Press imprint in the areas of Sport and Australian Stories. We try to read submissions regularly and would ask for four weeks to respond to a proposal. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Your proposal must be submitted through the form below and adhere to the necessary requirements.
- A clear and concise covering letter attached. Include a short synopsis of the material (please note this is a summary of what the project is, imagine reading it as a 250 word blurb that could appear on the back cover of the book/card deck, summarising your product) within your Cover Letter document.
- We like to see a table of contents, to see that you have planned the title and what the components are, and please advise the complete word count of the whole project. We would also like to receive an introduction and the first couple of chapters, however we can take complete manuscripts.
- All artwork submitted is to be clear and referenced to the correct artist if the work is not created by yourself, and explain how it relates to the text. This should be included within your First Chapters document.
- Please do not send hard copy submissions, we will reach out to you for hard copy material if necessary for evaluation.
- Before making your submission, we would appreciate if you could take a look at our previously published books/card sets to understand the type of books and card sets that we are interested in, and if we have already published in your topic area then please think about why your material would be good for the reader if there are many books already published on the topic.
- Please keep it brief and to the point.
- Please do research the topic that you are writing about and please outline an overview of your market research, who you think is your target audience, any marketing ideas (please do look in online bookshops to see if a similar book/card set has been published, as we are interested in how your material is different to what is already out there). This information can be included alongside your Cover Letter document.
- Good writing
- Practical Mind, Body, Spirit for both Adults and Children
- High quality, beautiful artwork
- Making beautiful products, especially card sets
- Gift books
- Self-Help and Wellness
- Originality in subject matter and writing
- As an Australian Publisher, we do love Australian ideas in stories
- A submission that demonstrates your writing ability at its best
- Author realism, as it can sometimes take a long time for a project to become a success, and author patience and understanding to trust a publisher and work to promote a project over the long term is appreciated
- Your patience! We receive an overwhelming amount of submissions, but we respond to all.
WE DO NOT PUBLISH
- Children's Non-Fiction
Tips: Note to all prospective authors, you must be prepared to work hard to help in promoting the project, you must present well, and any chance of getting media training for yourselves is a plus, though we can arrange. You should have researched the book or card market completely and know your competition in the genre, or topic area.